Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Little Things in life

Ever since I was little I've had an interest, or rather, an obsession with doll houses and miniatures. I remember my dad taking me and my sister to a dollhouse/miniature store on weekends when I was little. I used to love going there.
I also had two aunts, one that had a little doll house that I would clean up, and the other who had a 'Dixie's Diner' playset that I also took into my own hands to fix and make look nice whenever I went to visit.

I grew a little older and the obsession kind of burried itself into the back of my head, when my best freind introduced me to something that would change (and put my financial strings as state)...she introduced me to Re-Ment!
Basically fusing my love for all things Japanese and cute, with my (at the time) dormant love of miniatures!
So I started with one individual little set...to three individual little sets....and has now finally ended with two complete sets of 10 each, three secret sets, and over 15 sets from different series! Not to mention the furniture!
Thusly, something that we both thought would be just a passing fancy turned from owning just this...
To this! And that's not even including the bedroom I made and all the little Re-ment Pieces I still have in storage!
Not to mention these two lovely's (BB and CC) that I had to buy so someone could actually 'enjoy' the house!
And so I could take these types of pictures. :)


And now my younger sister (the 10 year old) has followed my love and started collecting these guys! We're two of a kind my sister and I!

The only negative I could say for my love, is I find myself spending money on 'Little Food' rather than tihngs I actually need....and I still need a fridge for my kitchen!

Such is life. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment