Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lemon and Chicken Pasta

Lately I've been on this huge pasta kick, which also means I've been on a huge 'forcing myself to eat something else other than pasta' kick. Well today I decided to give into my urge and make something I haven't made in a long time.

Easy to Make Lemon Chicken Pasta!


This is by far one of my favorite things to make in the world, mainly because it's one of the easiest things I know how to make.
The only thing that I can say goes wrong is I sometimes use too much lemon juice, but I seem to be the only one that finds a problem with that, plus if you let it sit for a few minutes the 'lemon taste' calms down a bit. IT all depends on how 'lemony' you want it to taste.
So without further ado, my first recipe on the Snippet Jar!

Easy to Make Lemon & Chicken Pasta


Ingredients:
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- 2 chicken breasts (diced)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 - 3/4 cups lemon juice
(depending on how lemony you
want the dish, I normally
use 1/2 cup or juice from
2 small lemons)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
(you can substitute Dill Weed,
but I've never used it personally.)

Steps:

1. Cook pasta according to instructions on box/bag; set aside
2. Cook Diced chicken until golden brown and cooked thoroughly; set aside.
3. Melt butter in large cooking pot until all of it is melted
4. Add Lemon Juice, Garlic, Poultry Seasoning, and Italian Seasoning.
5. Cook on Medium for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add Pasta and Chicken
(I normally add the pasta, mix the mixture with a pair of tongs until most of it is coated then I throw in the chicken and mix it all together a little more.)
7. Let sit for 10 min. so all the tastes mix together; serve and enjoy!


This is the best thing when you're pressed for time, or you wanna make a quick easy dinner. If you'd like you could serve it with a small side salad, but this dish can hold up on it's own.
It makes a good amount too, so you've been warned! :)

Hope you all enjoy this recipe, it's one of my favorites and I hope it becomes one of yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment