Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Finally finished!

Firstly I wanted to thank and link to the amazing Jessica, author of my favorite craft blog 'Zakka Life' for posting a turtorial on how to make a link button that actually links back to my page! link
I've wanted to learn how to do this for ages, and her tutorial made it easy!

Now to the task at hand!
I finally finished my next little crocheted guy, or in this case 'guys'. Two in one little amigurumi you might say.
It's supposed to be a tub of spilled ice cream, and except for the fact that I have to explain what it is, I feel this project was a big success. Especially considering I basically made things up as I went along.

That's right, my first no patter amigurumi! I'm so proud!

Of course with me there are some things I wish I'd done different, like make the inside cover pink instead of white and fill in the ice cream part of the picture on the side of the tub, but like I said, all in all a big success!

Also wanted to share some pictures I took during a shopping trip with my little sister.

She came running up with this toy Kelly Doll bathroom set and pointed at the dog. She thought it was the funniest thing that this dog looked like it really needed to be let outside for a potty break. She's 10 so she was having a field day with this thought... (Okay, I had a laugh at it too) :)

She's also the one that found this:

A wall of the cutest little owl sleeping bags! These things were adorable and included not only the sleeping bag and cover but a flashlight and a waterbottle, both of which fit nicely into their own little areas of the cover. The best part is they were on sale!

She ended up not getting it because she didn't know if she was too tall for them or not, but I may have an owly surprise for her birthday next month...just don't tell her! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment